Wednesday, June 10, 2009

More Cures for Writers' Block

I was new in town. We had found a little place near the public park, so our lack of backyard was not so bad, since we had all the swings and slides we could possible use. I was feeling kind of lonely, not knowing anybody in school. My parents were stressed out and I was really feeling like noone cared about me when he appeared. I was going from bar to bar, proud of my ability but had noone to brag to so his soothing voice was very welcome. We were seven years old and I still remember him so clearly. It was not what he said, but the way he said it. He was so calm and his voice so smooth and free from motive. No teasing, no prodding, which was what most boys that age were doing. He could hug you with his voice, though we never actually touched each other that I can remember. He made me feel loved again. Wanted again. He may have saved my life.

Years later I found him again. His amazing voice had turned into a deep baritone with such a soothing quality about all of his movements. He was unforgettable. We were married and he saved my life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment