Granny Pearl must have felt guilty leaving Daddy with her sisters, so she did spoil him a little. Case in point, this pony, which she bought for him after a successful performance. I guess he wanted to learn how to do tricks with the pony, so they set him up on it for a photo (c. 1925). Good thing the pony was tamed. I guess he saw that in a movie. He wasn't too comfortable doing that. Pearl also tried to teach Daddy the piano, which he never picked up on, but he did learn to play the ukelele. He loved to play and sing "Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue" which was a pretty good description of his mother, Pearl.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Granny Pearl must have felt guilty leaving Daddy with her sisters, so she did spoil him a little. Case in point, this pony, which she bought for him after a successful performance. I guess he wanted to learn how to do tricks with the pony, so they set him up on it for a photo (c. 1925). Good thing the pony was tamed. I guess he saw that in a movie. He wasn't too comfortable doing that. Pearl also tried to teach Daddy the piano, which he never picked up on, but he did learn to play the ukelele. He loved to play and sing "Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue" which was a pretty good description of his mother, Pearl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment